Formakami JH3 Paper Pendant
BOOK A CALL
"In typical Jaime Hayon style, these Paper Lanterns challenge convention," notes &tradition Brand Manager Martin Kornbek Hansen. “Seen in an ultra light pendant lamp of rice paper, echoing ancient lanterns from Asia - reinvented in a modern aesthetic.”
Dating back centuries, paper lanterns have featured in Asia amongst the privileged and the poor, where different colors, shapes, and sizes connote different meanings. Here Hayon has dispensed with cultural formalities to create a series of lanterns all in white. Handcrafted with rice paper merging various sizes and shapes together.
“Lamps play such an important role in people’s lives,” explains Hayon. “For some cultures, they chase away the darkness by bringing hope. I’ve tried to keep this emotional angle about light – in a lamp that also appears light. By making the bottom part of the lamp open, the idea is to bring even more illumination to people everywhere in the world.”
The Paper Lantern series is comprised of three different versions in ivory white rice paper with black stained oak accents in sizes from 46 cm in diameter to 70 cm. Each weighing only 1 kilo, they hang delicately in any indoor setting. Living proof that when East and West meet, the past becomes the present in a poetic expression of both. Design by Jamie Haylon, 2015 for &Tradition
Ø: 17.7" x H: 25.6"
Cord Length: 157.5"
Materials: Ivory white paper, black stained oak, 4-meter black fabric cord.
Voltage: 220-240V - 50Hz
GENERAL SHIPPING INFORMATION
Accessories (rugs, lighting, tableware, etc.)
Free Shipping for orders over $95 and $15 shipping cost for orders under $95
Free shipping for orders over $495 and $75 shipping cost for orders under $495
You can always review your total shipping cost by heading to the checkout page.
-Most non-furniture items that are in-stock and can travel via UPS or FEDEX ship within 3-5 business days and should arrive within 3-5 business days from the ship date. Please refer to the individual product pages for specific lead times. Items ordered together may not arrive in the same box. We are unable to ship to P.O. and A.P.O boxes.
-Most in-stock furniture items arrive within 1-3 weeks of order receipt via FedEx Ground, inclusive of up to two weeks processing time to ship from our facility. Backordered items will be available to ship on the lead time date noted above.
-We deliver within the continental United States - Canada, Alaska & Hawaii involve extra shipping costs: please request a quotation for Canadian, Alaska, Hawaii, and South Korea. Out-of-US orders have a minimum of $9,950 : contact us or email@example.com , including your items list and full shipping address we will provide a custom quote. If you have questions about shipping or delivery, please visit our Shipping Information page, or contact us.
We want you to be thrilled with your purchase. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll gladly offer you an exchange or refund of the merchandise price within 30 days of receipt of the product. Please note that returns fees might apply, the original shipping cost is not refundable; you can find more detail on our Returns & Exchanges page.
We strongly recommend to add White glove delivery at checkout for large furniture items such as: Sideboards, Cabinets, Dining tables
If your order is over 100 lbs or you live in an apartment building, or have other entry logistical challenges, we strongly suggest upgrading to White Glove Delivery. The service is worth it.
- $149 for white glove delivery service with room of choice without assembly, please see details below (large armchairs or sideboards, cabinets, etc)
- White glove delivery with assembly - additional $249
- Curbside - Includes phone ahead notification. The delivery company will contact you directly to set up delivery. If the order is over 100 lbs , that includes lift gate.
- Item will be left in its packaging.
- Please inspect packing for apparent damage; punctured or damaged boxes. If seen, note on receiving paperwork. Please inspect each piece carefully, no damage claims can be made after delivery.
- Furniture is carefully inspected before shipment, and we ask that you inspect your pieces immediately upon receipt. Any damage should be reported within 48hrs of the carrier delivery date shown from the shipment tracking number.
- We will not be responsible for items left outside the building if you select "free economy curbside delivery".
- No assembly.
Furniture is carefully inspected before shipment, and we ask that you inspect your pieces immediately upon receipt. Any damage should be reported within 48hrs of the carrier delivery date shown from the shipment tracking number.
White glove service detailed
White glove delivery without assembly - additional $149
- Delivers to a room inside your home. Shipment can be brought up two flights of stairs (a flight is 4-15 steps) or in an elevator.
- Packaging will be removed with disposal
- No Assembly; if required, please add the White glove delivery with assembly.
White glove delivery with assembly - additional $249 - Unlimited items
- Delivery to a room inside your home. Shipment can be brought up two flights of stairs (a flight is 4-15 steps) or in an elevator
- Packaging will be removed and disposed of.
- Assembly service. The delivery team will assemble your item.
Affirm is a better way to buy
What you see is what you pay
One specifically designed to help you say yes to the things you want while keeping you out of unhealthy debt.
We tell you up front the total amount you’ll pay. That number will never go up.
You choose the payment schedule that works for you.
We won’t charge you late fees or penalties of any kind, ever.